Since many people I meet show little interest in heaven and express little desire to go there, I thought I’d provide a few instructions on how to go to hell instead. Following are just a few sure-fire courses of action to arrive in eternal hellfire and brimstone:
- Ignore the whole issue of heaven and hell and put off all thoughts of God and eternity for another day.
- Avoid, as much as possible, reading the Bible or attending churches where the Bible is read and taught. After all, the Bible is so narrow in its views regarding life, God’s judgment and the age to come.
- Hope that God grades on a curve and will not condemn you if you have lived as well as the next guy.
- Believe that you can escape the fires of hell and obtain eternal life in heaven by doing good deeds.
- Live for now and indulge in all your desires because life is short.
- Give no heed to preachers who call upon all to repent and look to Christ Jesus for mercy and forgiveness.
- Treat the blood of Jesus shed for the sins of all as a worthless thing by continuing on in your sinful ways.
- Ignore Jesus and His pleas for you to repent and trust in Him for pardon, forgiveness and life everlasting in heaven.
Yes, I could go on listing ways to be sure of hell; but wouldn’t you rather be sure of heaven?
It’s simple: Acknowledge your sinfulness and shortcomings and place your faith and hope in Jesus and His innocent sufferings and death for all sins. In Jesus, heaven is sure. Why? Because Jesus died for everyone’s sins, rose again and ascended into the glories of heaven to prepare a place for you! All who look to Jesus in faith will be spared the eternal fires of hell and receive instead the eternal glories of heaven!
“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31 NKJV).